- There are a number of ways CMV drivers can injure themselves while on the job. Working with tankers puts them at an even greater risk of injury due to the dangers associated with a tanker and its contents.
- This program is designed to help drivers avoid preventable injuries while working around tankers by recognizing and avoiding risks and adopting safe work practices.
- The J. J. Keller's Injury Prevention Around Tankers eLearning course covers the following topics:
- Tanker Safety
- Moving Around Your Tanker
- Loading & Unloading Tanker Contents
- Stopping on the Side of the Road
- Tanker Safety
- After completing this program, learners will be able to:
- Recognize safety precautions to take while working around tankers
- Explain how to safely load and unload contents from a tanker
- Intended Audience: All drivers who work around tankers.
- Length: 10 minutes
- Copyright Date: 2016
This course can be completed using a tablet device, such as an iPad or Android tablet. We do not recommend nor support using a mobile device with a screen size of fewer than seven inches, such as a smartphone.
To ensure full course functionality, your computer will need to meet or exceed the following requirements:
- Windows XP operating system, or later
- 128 MB of RAM
- Speakers or headphones, soundcard or onboard audio source
- Video card and monitor capable of a resolution of 1024 x 768 pixels
- Internet Explorer 8.0 and higher for PC / Mozilla Firefox 19 and higher for PC / Google Chrome 25 or higher for PC. If using a Mac desktop or laptop, Safari, Chrome, and Firefox typically work, however it is advised you install the latest version of those browsers as well as the latest version of Flash.
- Pop-up blockers must be disabled
- Flash Player 10, however, the latest version is STRONGLY RECOMMENDED
- Cookies must be allowed
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.0 or higher
- Minimum bandwidth availability of 1.5 Mbps. 3.0 Mbps or higher recommended.